Any other Fuji users here?

Third_SonThird_Son Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 4, 2020 in Cameras

I have over the years gravitated to the current lineup of Fuji cameras. I own an X-T2 and X-T20 and absolutely love them! Anyone else here own Fuji gear?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I also own an X-T2.

I moved from Canon a few years ago and I've never looked back.

• IvoHIvoH Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2020
    XT1 and XT2 user here. Love them.
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins

GFX 50s and XT3 user here.

Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins

XT3. I Sold my Canon gear and bought it last December. I love it.

Cave ab homine unius libri
  • chrispookchrispook Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins

👋 Love my Fuji. I’m reversed into them. Bought a Contax 645 which I love. Thought I’d go digital MF. Went GFX50s. Love it. Also have a Texas Leica. Next up an XT4. Just need to get a job..,

• Saloni_BhatnagarSaloni_Bhatnagar Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    I am using Fuji X-T20 since 2018 and I am really happy with it. The X-T20 is all about the overall package than one or two specs that stand out. 24MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor, up to 325 selectable AF points (169 of which offer phase detection), 2.36M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, 3" 1.04M-dot tilting touchscreen LCD, 4K UHD video at up to 30 fps, with clean output over HDMI, all of these features make X-T20 extremely amazing. The EVF is a pleasure to use, though the touch functions on the tilting LCD are limited.
    If we had to compare Canon M200 and Fuji X-T20, two Entry-Level Mirrorless cameras from Canon and Fujifilm, I would still prefer X-T20 owing to imaging, features, value, and portability. If small size and light body is a big priority for you, choose Canon M200. Otherwise, Fujifilm X-T20 is the better camera overall.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins

I own the XT2 and love it. I plan on buying the XT4 (I thinK)

• CinvestCinvest Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    I use the xh1. Love it.
  • TechuserTechuser Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    Got a second hand XT-2 last year and am constantly considering selling it as I really don't need all it has to offer, it's mainly the 120fps filming keeping me on it :D
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins

The original X100, which I use for construction progress pics, and X-E3, and a bunch of mf (7Artisans, Meike & FD) glass :)

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

I have been using the X-T2 and X-T3. I still use my Canon cameras at times. And I have been known to take a Fuji and a Canon camera with me when going on a safari or river cruise. But if I am just taking one camera on a trip, it is the Fuji X-T3.

• ollelollel Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    > @Third_Son said:
    > I have over the years gravitated to the current lineup of Fuji cameras. I own an X-T2 and X-T20 and absolutely love them! Anyone else here own Fuji gear?

and I am a beginner and any suggestions on fuji camera. Affordable is better as I have no enough budget. Under 1200 USD. THANKS!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,762 moderator
    edited June 24, 2021

Hi ollel, please do describe your expectations for your Fujifilm purchase,

• How you intend to use it (sports, nature, portraits, etc)?
    • If you want to sell images made with this camera (what level of image quality and largest print size)?
    • Lighting conditions you anticipate (indoors or outdoors, bright sunny vs indoors ambient/available light, etc.)?
    • Interchangeable lens or fixed lens body?
    • If interchangeable lens body, do you have additional budget for lenses and accessories?
    • Do you anticipate shooting to RAW or JPG files?
    • Video applications?
    • Anything else you can tell us about your needs and wishes regarding a camera purchase?
    • (The more you tell us the better we can help.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    1. I want to take some pets and people and nature photography;
    2. I don't want to sell images and I only take pictures for recording my life;
    3. outdoors;
    4. want to the interchangeable lenses;
    5. I have an extra budget to buy an interchangeable lens and cheap will be better. i found some third-party lens- laowa; i have a budget under 1300 USD
    6. what to shoot JPG files;
    7. some people tell me to buy fujixt30
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,762 moderator

@ollel said:
    1. I want to take some pets and people and nature photography;

Just remember that activities strongly influence camera and lens choice. Dogs and horses running, small children running and many wild animals in nature, all require cameras and lenses capable of rapid autofocus and responsive controls. Entry level and consumer grade cameras and lenses will be challenged in these situations.

Then again, the subject matter and situations that are suitable for the average smartphone are also suitable for most any digital camera as well. Where beginner interchangeable lens digital bodies can excel, compared to phone cameras, is the ability to use telephoto lenses and relatively high-powered flash photography.

@ollel said:
    2. I don't want to sell images and I only take pictures for recording my life;

That's how most people, myself included, begin their photographic journeys.

@ollel said:
    3. outdoors;

"Outdoors" does not describe lighting conditions. Daytime outdoors is hopefully what you meant, and the vast majority of DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras do well in Daytime outdoors.

Nighttime outdoors is potentially difficult unless you use proper equipment and techniques.

@ollel said:
    4. want to the interchangeable lenses;

1. I have an extra budget to buy an interchangeable lens and cheap will be better. i found some third-party lens- laowa; i have a budget under 1300 USD

Lens selection is actually more important than camera selection. I would not recommend cheap lenses or manual lenses in your case. An economical alternative is used lenses from a trusted vendor.
    I can recommend used lenses from:

Adorama
    https://adorama.com/l/Used/Photography/Lenses?sel=Lens-Mount_Fujifilm-X-Mount
    B&H
    https://bhphotovideo.com/c/products/used-mirrorless-lenses/ci/21265/N/4036297803?filters=fct_lens-mount_5952%3Afujifilm-x-mount
    KEH
    https://keh.com/shop/fixed-focal-length-lenses-mfg--fixed-focal-length-lenses-non-mfg--zoom-lenses-mfg--zoom-lenses-non-mfg--fuji-xf-digital.html?multi=true

KEH also has a pretty good article (slightly dated) on used FujiFilm cameras:
    https://keh.com/blog/10-affordable-fujifilm-cameras-that-are-still-capable-as-heck

@ollel said:
    6. what to shoot JPG files;

Fuji cameras do a fine job processing the image to JPG files. Generally rich and vibrant colors for scenics and vistas. People/human skin tones are good, but I would rather process them from RAW files for better control and natural-looking results.

@ollel said:
    7. some people tell me to buy fujixt30

See my response in your other thread:
    https://dgrin.com/discussion/comment/2117841/#Comment_2117841

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

thanks for your great suggestions. I have got an idea of how to choose a lens and camera. Haha, if I want to take some excellent pictures, it has a long way to go.

• OzimaxOzimax Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

Had Fuji's for many years. Millions of 'em. Currently only have X-s10 / 35 F1.4 / 16-80 F4. That covers just about anything except longer lens for sports etc. Phenomenal camera. Phenomenal lens.

• mattcracemattcrace Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Moved to Fujifilm in 2017 from a Canon 6D, 16-35L and 24-70L.
    Current setup is an X-T3, f/4 10-24 WR, and 16-55 f/2.8 WR. Absolutely love the Fuji ecosystem!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins

I now own an XT2, XT4 and the new XT5