Options

Sad Excuse for Keyword Search

MotoriderMotorider Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins

This has been discussed in other posts like this one,
https://dgrin.com/discussion/266073/keyword-list-formatting#latest

...but unless I'm missing something about how to use a search box, I believe this item definitely deserves it's own bug report because of just how downright poorly it works.

My question for SmugMug is: Why would you have a KW search box that doesn't help users find KWs with things like auto-populate while typing or only returning similarly spelled searches? For example, when I search Allen's site for partial spellings of 'Phoebe' (which I can see is a KW because it's yellow while I'm hovering over it in the list) I get mixed results, none of which make me feel sure I'm seeing all the pics with that KW.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2020

Looks like you need a whole word.
    phoebe also find all phoebes.
    Edit: err .. Searching "phoebes " is actually 5 short, must of missed "phoebes" on a couple.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    llpoolejllpoolej Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    The search is ruined. First, they made it where you had to click to find the search vs it being right on the top. Now, it makes zero sense. It was perfect when you typed in a keyword, then clicked photo, gallery or folder. Why would you change that? It made perfect sense. Now, it won't return anything of use.