Abstract

black mambablack mamba Major grinsJacksonville, FLPosts: 6,660Registered Users Major grins

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Comments

• RichardRichard Mildly bemused Madrid, SpainPosts: 19,059Administrators, Vanilla Admin moderator

I like this a lot, Tom. Nice color and textures.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaPosts: 2,565Registered Users Major grins

I agree with Richard. The texture makes it resemble an oil painting.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,660Registered Users Major grins

@Richard said:
    I like this a lot, Tom. Nice color and textures.

Thanks, Richard. It's good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6,660Registered Users Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    I agree with Richard. The texture makes it resemble an oil painting.

Thanks, Don. Did you get much snow out in your area. I was just wondering how often you get to shoot the desert areas in snow.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaPosts: 2,565Registered Users Major grins

Tom, I saw some snow this morning atop the Bradshaw Mountains, but in the low desert I haven't seen any. The folks around Tucson see more.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,772Registered Users Major grins

This is awesome! Congrats

@Juano said:
    This is awesome! Congrats

Thanks, Cristóbal. I trust things are going well for you.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilPosts: 3,772Registered Users Major grins

They are thank you. Did you paint this? It's pretty cool.

edited February 14, 2020

@Juano said:
    They are thank you. Did you paint this? It's pretty cool.

I truly wish I could take credit for the pallet-knife oil painting from which this shot was abstracted. The artist, Bill Read, is noted for his large-scale, colorful work. I commissioned him to paint something for me that would brighten up my dark-wooded office. I could not be happier with the painting. It hangs on the wall behind my desk.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CAPosts: 7,739Registered Users Major grins

Wow! Wall hanger Tom! Bravo!

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow! Wall hanger Tom! Bravo!

I sure appreciate the encouraging words, buddy. I have to say, when I first laid eyes on this painting that Bill produced for me, I was almost speechless. I have a strong predilection for this genre of art to start with and the chords this image struck within me still resonate every time I look at it.