Colors Galore

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Every Fall, this quaint little shop in Blowing Rock, NC, puts out a display of some gorgeous flags. I can't help myself....I just have to fire off a shot or two when I see them.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very nice, great colors!

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

I don't blame you - they are lovely. Good shot of complementary colors!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Very nice, great colors!

Thanks, Cristóbal.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited March 27, 2020

@Cavalier said:
    I don't blame you - they are lovely. Good shot of complementary colors!

Thanks, Don. In the past, I've purchased two of their flags. One I lost in a hurricane , the other I still fly occasionally.....even though extended Florida sun and heat have not been friendly to it.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The colors just jump out at you! Nicely done!

Thanks. I apprciate your comments.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet colors! Good catch!

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet colors! Good catch!

You know me, Taz. A color freak like myself never passes up a chance to smell the roses.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2020

Excellent colors:

from another color freak

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

While I'm more of the monochromatic guy, I appreciate a dose of beautiful colors from time to time, too. I agree, this is an excellent serving.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

@willard3 said:
    Excellent colors:

from another color freak

I know, guy, I always anticipate that your posts will be very colorful.....considering the environment you most often shoot in.

edited March 28, 2020

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    While I'm more of the monochromatic guy, I appreciate a dose of beautiful colors from time to time, too. I agree, this is an excellent serving.

While my predeliction is for color, I find your B&W work to be very appealing for many reasons....subject selection being paramount....and I really like your conversion work. Thanks for the visit.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good one, Tom. Sometimes color can be the subject.

@Cornflake said:
    Good one, Tom. Sometimes color can be the subject.

Thanks for commenting. It makes me feel better because I know that I sometimes tend to get lost in " color fascination " , therefore skewering the main thrust of the photo. Take care.