Options

Flower

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Shooting flowers is not my strong suit. However, every now and then I see one that demands me to take its picture.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Flower is bright and vibrant Tom, but the background is way too busy, especially the top left corner. One quick fix would be tight vertical crop of flower on the right. Cheers my freind!

• Options
    edited March 29, 2020

Many thanks for your valued input, Taz. Dropping the top margin down about 3/4 inch does help isolate the flower and mitigate some of the " business " you mention. Unfortunately, the balance of the background represents the cards that were dealt to me by the photo gods. No other shooting perspective I considered, position wise, was as complementary to the flower itself as this one. Stay safe, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

It's a gorgeous flower. I'm sure it's not the background you would have picked but it doesn't really bother me.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2020

@Cornflake said:
    It's a gorgeous flower. I'm sure it's not the background you would have picked but it doesn't really bother me.

It never really bothered me either, but I understand Taz's position. His suggestion did help in mitigating some of the background intrusions.