Working with new lenses

El GatoEl Gato Global TrekkerRegistered Users Posts: 500 Major grins

A while back a friend was selling some gear and switching his camera platform completely (I don't know why!!). The upshot, he sold me two lenses for a ridiculously low price. I just couldn't say no.

Took them for a test run shortly after I received them.

After sitting on a backup drive forever, with the extra time now and no travel, I just got to processing the images.

I have to think about incorporating and using these lenses in more of my shots.

Nikon Fisheye 10.5mm f2.8

Nikon 50mm f1.4

Stay safe and healthy everyone!!

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Major grins Thomson, Ga. ex So. Cal.Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins

Nice, The variety of lenses are fun to work with. I love the zoom lenses but I also miss working with different lenses for the prospective they can have. Some times I miss the film days and all the gear.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Carlsbad, Ca. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Brasilia, BrazilRegistered Users Posts: 3,922 Major grins

Nice, I like the cathedral ceiling and the 50 mm shot. I need to take my 50 mm out.

• El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins

Thanks @Juano and @OrvSal I appreciate your comments!!

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,692 Major grins

You could have some fun with those. I find I have to get out my neglected lenses and practice with them. Otherwise I forget what they can do and I won't think of them when they're called for.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 6,829 Major grins

Good stuff, Al. Outside of my Nikon 105mm macro lens, I haven't used any prime lenses in a long time. The zooms these days are so good and I'm not burdened with hauling around all the extra glass.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Agree with you Black Mamba!

Since I bought them, I had to "cost justify" the purchase to HQ.

So, I will lug around some extra glass on an occasional outing. But, in all seriousness practicing with these lenses allows me try some different shots and experiment a bit.

• alan2934alan2934 Rosewood Queensland AustraliaRegistered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I especially like the cathedral. It really captures the majesty of the building in a way that I'm not sure a more typical lens would.
    I loved it.
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Major grins Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins

Nice shots!

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    The zooms these days are so good and I'm not burdened with hauling around all the extra glass.

+2

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thank you everyone for your comments, I appreciate them. Sorry for the tardiness in my replies.