Options

Togetherness Amid the Separation

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

This "down-time" has opened up more opportunity for me to explore a large backlog of images that previously, I did not have the time nor opportunity to get to.

As we are all going through this current crisis together, I worked on a set of photos, which I thought would convey a sense of togetherness amid all of this separation.

This too shall pass. Stay healthy everyone!

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I really like this series. The sky in that first one makes me think of the impending days when our star become a red giant, deep into its death throes. There's a story in each shot but it's the last shot that makes me wonder the most. Good work, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thank you Black Mamba! Appreciate your comments.

I am working on several more series, got the time.

Hope to post some more images in the coming weeks.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

These were a pleasure to see. I look forward to more.

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator

Oh man, that second image, the father and son (I wish to believe) in silhouette with the glistening water background, it just speaks volumes. Reminds me of both my father and me, and me with my son, in various times and situations.

Thanks so much for reviving those feelings, El Gato!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like no 4: where was that taken?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

The second shot is sweet!
    For first shot, consider cropping right below the top bright spot......that way dark band would end up as top of frame.....I think you might like the results! Cheers Gato!

• Options

@Cornflake said:
    These were a pleasure to see. I look forward to more.

Thank you sir! I appreciate your comments.

Although I am not traveling, the daytime job is still getting in the way of the fun stuff!

Hope to be able to post more in the coming weeks.

• Options

@willard3 said:
    I like no 4: where was that taken?

Thank you. I appreciate you replying.

I took the image in the Fort Worth Stockyards, an historic district that is located in Fort Worth, Texas, north of the central business district.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    The second shot is sweet!
    For first shot, consider cropping right below the top bright spot......that way dark band would end up as top of frame.....I think you might like the results! Cheers Gato!

Copy that Stumblebum. Good idea. I think I will. Always good to have another's point of view and perspective. Thanks for your comments!

• Options

@ziggy53 said:
    Oh man, that second image, the father and son (I wish to believe) in silhouette with the glistening water background, it just speaks volumes. Reminds me of both my father and me, and me with my son, in various times and situations.

Thanks so much for reviving those feelings, El Gato!

Thank you Ziggy for your comments. It is always a good feeling to hear that a photo invokes feeling in the viewer. I am glad mine did and that you enjoyed it.

The adult in the photo is actually the young boy's grandfather. I had the opportunity to speak with them as I strolled around the park that day.

I was experimenting and attempting to take silhouette photos as the day was ending. Caught this one at the right time.

I appreciate your comments...thank you!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice set!