Options

More From the Bonker's File

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

The unsung heroes of the wine business are the pickers...

When the grapes are ready crews begin.

They usually work from 4am to 10am; after that it's too hot...

This composition is from about 4:30 am - the lights go off at 7am...

Rags

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Its awesome! Very haunting and selective coloring is nice twist. I am hiding the lights by scrolling up and down and like that much more, but that might be just issue of taste

• Options
    edited April 9, 2020

Thanks for the comments...

It may seem haunting; but it's a den of activity, there are about 10-15 people in other rows...

10am....

96" X 48"

Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Interesting stuff, Rags. I agree with Taz about the first shot. In general, how long does the harvest season last....or does the variety of the wine have an influence there?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@black mamba said:
    Interesting stuff, Rags. I agree with Taz about the first shot. In general, how long does the harvest season last....or does the variety of the wine have an influence there?

Probably 6-8 weeks in Napa; other regions may vary (depending on weather - amount of sun)

Example: our valleys get up to 100 degrees + and its difficult to grow reds; whites harvest earlier. But the foothills get cooler weather and reds can do well...

They walk the vineyards and inspect the grapes; when they're ripe (get to the right sugar) they call in pickers - regardless of the time of year...

thanks for the comments

Rags
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Good picture and story. I would consider a crop as others suggest.

• Options

Cris I wanted to capture the environment and the lights are the reference for the backlite leaves...

It's a composition dressed like a documentary photo... o:)

Rags
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I get it, it's a cool shot no matter what.