Options

Early Sunday Morning in Karachi

riz_satriz_sat Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins

Hello everyone,
This is my first post after a long time. I hope we are all taking very good care of ourselves in quarantined lives.

I took this photo when I was visiting my family in Karachi, Pakistan in January this year on an early quiet Sunday morning when I saw a group of daily wage earners leaving for work. The building in the background is Eduljee Dinshaw Charitable Dispensary, a heritage building that was constructed in 1882 and it is still operational.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Good work, Rizwan. I like your B&W conversion execution. I sure hope that the trash in this scene is a reflection of the virus circumstances and is not representative of normal conditions there.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@black mamba said:
    Good work, Rizwan. I like your B&W conversion execution. I sure hope that the trash in this scene is a reflection of the virus circumstances and is not representative of normal conditions there.

Thank you so much for your comment. Well, unfortunately, this is how it is during the normal days because waste management is a very politicized and complex issue in Karachi in parts of Karachi.

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good one, nice composition...

Rags
  • Options

@torags said:
    Good one, nice composition...

Thank you Rags :)