Time and date stamps

nightshadownightshadow Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins

I realize that this is an unusual idea (based on research), but I need to add a date and time stamp to photos that I take for an inspection client. I use a point and shoot camera which will date stamp, but won't time stamp. Using an SLR is impractical due to the need to access confined spaces and climb ladders. Is there a way to use an action or script to read the EXIF and apply a stamp? I was thinking of Image Processor, bkut I can't find any information on how to read the EXIF, ie variable names or command strings etc.
Thanks
Nightshadow

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,789 moderator

Faststone Image Viewer, free for Windows machines (although you may donate if you wish and I did donate for my copy), can automate this process for you:

https://faststone.org/FSIVDownload.htm

FastStone - How to Date and Timestamp Photos in Batch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxAkDG5omQ
    Robert Buckel

This is a video to show where to get FastStone, how to download it and more importantly, how to add Date and Time Stamps to your photos quickly and easily in large batches.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 8, 2020

Many years ago, several film cameras did date and time stamps of emulstions by lighting them from the back - I had an Olymous OM-1 that had a removable back that used LEDs to emit text dates and times onto the back of films in the camera. I can find a new one currently on eBay for $40.

Today in an enclosed space like an air duct, I might just shoot my digital image and then immediately follow it by a second image of my digital watch displaying the current time and the date. Unless you need an time accurate to the second.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin