Post comment button on portrait format tablet unavailable

Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

Hi,

I just noticed that, if I am trying to comment on a post while using my tablet (IPad, though don't ask me for which version, I don't remember...) in portrait format, the ”post comment” button is located below the footer and thus inaccessible. There is no way of scrolling the page so far to make it accessible.
In landscape mode it is just above the footer and works like a charm.

Maybe this could be adjusted with just that tiny bit of CSS magic?

Thanks

Wiebke / Lille Ulven

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Hi Lille,
    Yes, I just saw the same thing on my rather old iPad. I'll pass this on to Vanilla and see what they have to say. In the meantime, it looks like you could type your post in portrait, then rotate to press the button.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Hey Lille,
    Vanilla asked what version of iOS and Safari(?) you're running.
    Thx.

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

Hi @Richard,
    IOS: 13.3.1
    Safari: 605.1.15

Fingers crossed they can find a solution :)

Regards

Lille Ulven

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited April 29, 2020

I noticed this too recently- I thought it was just me, so I moved to my desktop and the button was there so I posted my post. But there was no way to post my text box comment from my iPad and I know I used to be able to post from my iPad

iOS 13.3.1
    But I find there is a new iPAD OS now - 13.4.1 mini iPad 5th gen

Maybe that will help. UPgrading now!

Interesting - the post comment button is still absent in iPadOS 13.4.1 in PORTRAIT mode, but simply unlocking the aspect ratio on my iPad to landscape and the button magically appears in landscape view.

There seems to be something about how the display is formatted in PORTRAIT mode only that is the issue.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hopefully you have found that the comments in Portrait mode on a smaller device are now an option on newer versions of iOS. Running 14.7.1 comments are there in the portrait mode, but you have to tap on the 3 dots, lower left beneath the image, for the comments option to show.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

Thanks for the update @Jenuine - nice to see that I can comment from my phone (newer OS). Too sad my good old IPad cannot be updated to a new enough version, well there is worse than that in the world to be fixed first 😊