Options

From Last Winter

FlorianBaaskeFlorianBaaske Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins

I was looking for some good places to take sunrise pictures here in Haan and found this place. Especially the fog on the grassland created a wonderful atmosphere. I was just enjoying the cold foggy morning.

Comments

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins

What beautiful light you captured, Florian! although I have two comments: 1. Did you take the picture on a hill or is the horizon slightly crooked? 2. I'm not 100% sure I like the angle with so much foreground. It would be interesting to see what it would look like wit a bit of the foreground cropped away.

• Options
    edited May 4, 2020

Hi Sara,

thanks for the feedback. I did the picture on a small hill, so yes, the landscape is a bit crooked there. And from a second view, you are right, little less foreground and more sky would make it better. I would fully agree.

but here is another one from the set:

Even frozen water can have wonderful reflections. I found this wonderful little pool while waiting for the sunrise, which never really came due to the clouds in the sky. But I could take some cool shots of this little pool which gets frozen during the morning when the temperature drops just before sunrise.

BR
    Florian

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins

I like this second one even more. I admire your fortitude of getting up to go out before sunrise!

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

I really like the second image, it has a mystical feel to it.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    I like this second one even more. I admire your fortitude of getting up to go out before sunrise!

Hi Sara,

thanks, in winter it is easier to get out before sunrise, as sunrise us quite late :)

@denisegoldberg
    thanks, I was hoping that the sun will rise above the trees, but when this happened the sky was fully clouded.