Sultan Sulaiman Royal Mosque - The only Art Deco mosque in Malaysia
- The Sultan Sulaiman Royal Mosque is arguably the only mosque in Malaysia designed in Art Deco style mixed with Turkish/Mughal architectural style
- It was officially opened on 23 June 1933
- The architect responsible for designing the mosque was Leofric Kesteven F.R.I.B.A., the Assistant Architect of Public Works Department while the construction of the mosque was undertaken by United Engineers Ltd from Singapore.
- The Sultan Sulaiman Royal Mosque (Masjid Diraja Sultan Sulaiman in Malay) has been gazetted as National Heritage under the National Heritage Act 2005 (Act 645).
- This mosque is located in Kampung Jawa, Klang about 38km from Kuala Lumpur.
Check out my blog entry on this mosque here