Options

Collection/Smart Gallery not referring back to original gallery when clicked

crocknycrockny Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins

I want my collected photos to go to the original gallery when clicked ... seems to me I used to be able to do that but it doesn't seem to work now. I've tried both collecting and smart gallery ... I must be missing something ...

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Galleries, either smart ones or collected ones, are like that. A click moves you to the lightbox. From there, you can open the Photo Details panel and click the source gallery. But that's three steps and a lot of clicking to get you where you want to go. The alternative is to use a Multiple Photos content block and load that with the images you want. That type of content block has the option to move the source gallery when an image is clicked.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    crocknycrockny Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins

Oy thanks - I want my viewers to be able to go to the gallery when they click on a photo -- seems to me it used to be set up that way ... this seems really unwieldy ... I will try the multiple photos content block ...

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

There's one other approach that I forgot when I wrote earlier. If your smart or collected gallery uses the SmugMug gallery style -- thumbnails at left, larger image at right -- then a link to the parent gallery shows up beneath the caption and keywords. It not quite the same as clicking on the image, but it's not quite as awkward.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

I use Smugmug style and my smart galleries using keywords seem sometimes go to the keyword gallery instead of original.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog