Options

A different look at Mabry Mill

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

What's wrong with this picture? There's no people and no blazing color. Mabry Mill is, without question, the most photographed feature along the entire Blue Ridge Parkway.....all 450+ miles of it.
I probably have, conservatively, over 200 shots of the place. All of them, however, are festooned with colors of every description and ranging hoards of people. It's rare to catch the place in all of its simplicity.

!)

2)

A workshop on the property.
3)

The creek feeding the waterwheel
4)

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice set Tom! Like #2 for the Mill shots, but last one is WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW~

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice set Tom! Like #2 for the Mill shots, but last one is WAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW~

I hear you, brother. The last one struck me the same way.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like nos 1 and 4, Tom

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

What a beautiful set of images. Again, right place, right time.

I really like #1. I could see this being a greeting card. Or maybe cropped a tad bit, for a table mat/glass coasters, etc. Keep that license agreement handy.

Well done!

• Options

@willard3 said:
    I like nos 1 and 4, Tom

Thanks, They're my favorites as well.

• Options
    edited June 8, 2020

@El Gato said:
    What a beautiful set of images. Again, right place, right time.

I really like #1. I could see this being a greeting card. Or maybe cropped a tad bit, for a table mat/glass coasters, etc. Keep that license agreement handy.

Well done!

Thanks very much. I had not intended to stop at the mill on this run. I had been up in Front Royal, VA. and was scurring to get back to N.C.. But as I approached the mill, I could see that NO ONE was there. Incredulous, I whipped into the parking lot and hurried over to the mill.