Options

Italy - France...road trip

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Playing hooky today and working on some archived images from a trip to Italy and France.

Driving around in a Fiat 600, down streets so narrow, we had to “fold in” the side mirrors, through pastures, country roads and through some of the prettiest villages one could imagine.

Crossed into France from Italy via The Mont Blanc Tunnel (under the Mont Blanc mountain in the Alps) arriving in Chamonix, France. If I could have retired (in suitable fashion) on the spot, I would have never left Chamonix!

Detail of The Florence Duomo, also known as Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, Florence Italy

Houses along the Le Thiou River, which runs through the center of the old town part of Annecy, France.

“The Spirit of American Youth Rising from the Waves.” The Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, at Omaha Beach in Colleville-sur-Mer, France.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Beautiful architectural work. I really like your conversions. Seeing the last shot causes me to reflect on a trip a buddy of mine is hounding me to go on with him. You land in England, go to the Normandy area of France and proceed to trace the route followed by the bunch in " Band of Brothers ". You end up in Belgium. It's an 11 day trip. It will depend on scheduling. for me. They've refrained from offering the trip till the virus issue lets up.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Wow. They're beautiful.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic set! Love them all!

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

What a lovely set - I especially like the light in the second shot.

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

I like the IR in #3; well composed, nice job...

Rags
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I really like the architectural fotos.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

@black mamba said:
    Beautiful architectural work. I really like your conversions. Seeing the last shot causes me to reflect on a trip a buddy of mine is hounding me to go on with him. You land in England, go to the Normandy area of France and proceed to trace the route followed by the bunch in " Band of Brothers ". You end up in Belgium. It's an 11 day trip. It will depend on scheduling. for me. They've refrained from offering the trip till the virus issue lets up.

Thank you for your comments Tom!

I hope that you do get to go on that trip. I use to live in England and Belgium. If opportunity presents itself, try also to visit the Luxembourg American Military Cemetery at Hamm, Luxembourg City and the Sandweiler German war cemetery (close bye), the sites and memorials are impressive, sobering, somber and reflective.

• Options

Sara, Cornflake, Taz, Willard, Rags...

Thank you all for your comments. __I do truly appreciate them!__