Options

CSS to set gallery description font not working

RobRRobR Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins

I want my gallery descriptions to appear in a larger font. I added a CSS placeholder block to my gallery page and put this into it:

.sm-gallery-description {font-size:100px;}

The font size did not change. The gallery is set as a custom gallery, so that site-wide settings should not apply. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,454 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2020

I always add .sm-user-ui to the beginning, like this .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-description {font-size:100px;}, but without seeing your site, I can only guess.

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2020

If your site is like mine, the class identifier for the gallery description is .sm-gallery-cover-description. You can to inspect the SmugMug CSS using your browser's web developer tools to find that. Both Firefox and Chrome have such tools tucked into their menus. Presumably other browsers do as well.

Also, as Mike indicated, an additional class identifier like .sm-user-ui is often necessary so your code takes precedence over SmugMug's. So... .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover-description {font-size:100px;} should do the job. If that doesn't work, you really need to post a link to your site for anyone to say more. BTW, it must be an interesting gallery layout if 100px is the desired size!

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    RobRRobR Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins

Thanks. I'll try your suggestions.

I was just using 100 px so I could be very sure that something changed.