Options

Never give up...Life or in this case Nature, will find a way

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

In keeping with Tom's challenge to post more frequently...

These are some "quick snaps" taken while out walking the dog.

I noticed these determined little plants over several days. They each finally overcame the barrier placed before them with a will to survive no matter what.

Given all that has happened over the past four months, I thought a quick, unassuming set of nondescript images could provide a little encouragement and inspiration to never give up...never.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Last one is the score Gato!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

They all say something to me, Gato. Left alone, nature WILL prevail. The encouragement and inspiration you allude to is a point well made.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great set. Nature versus man-made. Red and green, great color combo.

P

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Taz, Tom, Phil...

Thank you each for your comments on my simple set here. I am very appreciative.

This stay-and-work-at-home, lock-in has provided me with more opportunities to wander aimlessly around the neighborhood as I walk the dog (I really think he is taking me wherever he desires to go), however, I digress...

During these walks, I have begun to notice things that previously I would not have. Slowing down, walking around, spending more time walking the neighborhood instead of heading off to the office, has given me the opportunity to view my neighborhood differently. I have mentally complied a list of shots I would like to take, each sorted by time of day, B&W or color, framing, composition, even a few that will have to wait until fall.

Maybe philosophical, however, I am recognizing that one need not fly hundreds of miles from home in search of that epic shot, when it may be just out the front door.

More neighborhood shots in the works. Hope to have more to share soon.

Thanks again gents, for your comments.