Options

Old courtyard in St. Augustine

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited July 3, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Its great! Also you have done amazing job of blocking out the Teeeeets!!! :D
    I like here insane look staring right at the gate!
    So much going on....
    I have no confidence in this suggestion, but my personal preference is to crop right above that bottom slab under the gate.
    That keeps focus on "good stuff".
    Cheers Tom!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Its great! Also you have done amazing job of blocking out the Teeeeets!!! :D
    I like here insane look staring right at the gate!
    So much going on....
    I have no confidence in this suggestion, but my personal preference is to crop right above that bottom slab under the gate.
    That keeps focus on "good stuff".
    Cheers Tom!

I don't know, Taz. I think the slab helps add scale to the wall

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I think you are right, I was not sure myself! Cheers!

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Really like this one. I have to agree, the slab adds depth. Without it the wall loses depth, and seems to float there. The slab anchors that corner and the approach to the scene.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options

@roaddog52 said:
    Really like this one. I have to agree, the slab adds depth. Without it the wall loses depth, and seems to float there. The slab anchors that corner and the approach to the scene.

Many thanks, Phil.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Eerily captive...could look at this one for a while Tom and see so much.

Nicely done!

• Options

@El Gato said:
    Eerily captive...could look at this one for a while Tom and see so much.

Nicely done!

Thanks, Gato. There is something compelling about this courtyard.. There are a lot of old courtyards in the historic district, but this one has a special pull on me.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I also like this. What a place.

I'd consider a square crop leaving only the left side in the photo. That's where all the visual interest is for me. I'm often wrong, though.

• Options

@Cornflake said:
    I also like this. What a place.

I'd consider a square crop leaving only the left side in the photo. That's where all the visual interest is for me. I'm often wrong, though.

Hey, Don. I don't see a suggestion like yours as being right or wrong. I like to see other's interpretations and opinions expressed openly. In this case, I prefer to leave the small opening in the wall on the right as I feel it adds to the character of the place.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Lots to look at and lots of points of interest in this, Tom.

Colors are good, too.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

@willard3 said:
    Lots to look at and lots of points of interest in this, Tom.

Colors are good, too.

If all else fails, buddy, you and I can go down as the color freaks on the forum.