Options

Vintage Iron +

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Tom posts a lot of iron... now my turn for two wheeled iron...

Some newer...

My ride to the show...

Rags

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Awesome set Rags! So many cool bikes that I had never seen before!

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Great shots. Those early bikes must have been interesting to ride. I'll stick with the modern ones.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2020

Terrific work, Rags.!!!! There's some stunning restorations in that group. If you've never been, you have to go to Dale Walksler's "Wheels Through Time" museum in Maggie Valley, N.C. I've been there a number of times and I'm not certain that I've seen everything there is to see. It's mind-blowing, really.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks all...

I've been told there is a collector in Woodside CA has 40 - 50 museum quality restored bikes...

I hadn't seen any of those either Tom, it was quite a show...

Rags
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Great set!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I tell you, Rags, it would be a little bit of an excursion for you but you really should make the effort to make it to the Wheels Through Time museum. Fly in to Ashville, N.C., rent a car.....or better yet, rent a bike....take a glorious ride north on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Maggie Valley. Dale has well over 200 bikes on display in diorama settings. Several of his bikes are ultra rare and a few are the only known examples left in existence. The bike riding up in that area is as good as it gets and throw the museum in on top of that.....well, it would justify the time and expense to get there.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

The Blue Ridge ride is a favorite of east coast bikers, I just never got there...

As a relic I don't have a deep interest in any vintage iron (cars or bikes) ... :D

I sold my last bike 3 years ago; biking from 1968 to 2017... it was a good run...

I enjoyed touring most; from Europe/no Africa in 1970 to cross country (SF to Daytona) in 2017...

My excursions now are international (while it lasts)...

Thanks for the the suggestion Tom...

Rags
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set Rags.

Love the Norton, I had an Atlas.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins

Beautiful machines and nicely portrayed by you.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice set Rags!!

I like the bike in image #2, something classy about it and looks like a challenge to ride...safely at speed. Thanks for sharing these, I had never seen these models previously.

• Options

Thanks folks for looking in...

Rags