Options

Mountain flower

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

A beautiful shot, Cristobal. Unusual but effective lighting. I'd consider dampening the highlights in the top left but I don't think it's a big point.

• Options

Thanks Don, I considered dampening the green corner because it leads your eye a bit too much, but then I kind of liked it. Here is a more subdued version. Thoughts?

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Very nice. I think Don has a valid point about the highlights at the top left.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Better. I might darken the leftmost highlights still more.

• Options

Third time is a charm?

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

The third time is certainly better. You're kind of stuck with a bad break of having a background element that's so distracting. I hate it when that happens to me.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2020

Thanks Tom. I like it anyhow, it is better now that it's darker.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Wonderful image, sharp and the flower is well captured. Just a thought, what if you were to enlarge the image some. The leftmost corner would exit to the left leaving only a little of the green corner remaining. The result would have the flower off-centered to the upper-left a bit but, this might make for an interesting presentation.

The flower to the left and a larger portion of the image, uncluttered, showing the stems just barely in the sunlight. Just my off-kilter look at the world sometimes.

In the end...a wonderful image!

• Options

Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try.

• Options

I don't have any problem with the third version as is. You certainly nailed the focus on the flower.