Ode to Yellow

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

I was heading out this past weekend to do some imaging and I wanted a bit of a challenge. I asked my granddaughter to pick her favorite color. I would only shoot images that contained that specific color. Well, I suspect you will easily guess what color she shouted out. 😁

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I really like all of these. There's good use of DOF to help define the subject. #4 and #5 are just plain potent.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful Set Gato!!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great idea too!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom, Taz, Cristóbal...

Thanks so much for your comments. Much appreciated!

I had fun with this one-color mini project. I will try it again, maybe with another color or a specific object/theme.

It breaks up the day-to-day, average get out and photograph something, plus it adds a bit of adventure, trying to find and identify the "color or object of the day." Variations can include a restriction on travel (e.g., no images can be taken more than 2km or less from one's home or eliminate driving altogether and all images have to be taken within a certain neighborhood, block or area of the city or as far as you can walk in 10 mins., the options and possibilities are quite endless).

Again, as always, thank you for your encouraging comments.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set with great colors, Gato

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I love these and l8ve them even more because of the idea behind them.

@willard3 said:
    Nice set with great colors, Gato

Thank you Willard...I appreciate your comment and evaluation of this set!

@sarasphotos said:
    I love these and l8ve them even more because of the idea behind them.

Sara...

Many thanks for your comment. I had fun with this and it turned out OK. I enjoyed sharing the photos with my granddaughter, a nice "lock-in activity."

I will repeat the exercise again sometime this summer (different theme/topic) and hope to come away with some more images to share.