OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited January 26, 2006 in People
kirstenmirror-vi.jpg

:):

Comments

• 1ibandit1ibandit Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    Nice looking young lady...

I would like to see it croped at the bottom of the mirror. When I looked at it I had to look close to see why the black was at the bottom in the mirror. I found out it was the bottom of the mirror, and it was distracting for me.
    1iBandit
    "Take what is given, and steal the rest."
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    Thanks for the comments! I played around with the crops and settled on this one. If anything was distracting I thought it was her white shawl-- I over exposed it in post. It is properly exposed out of the camera. The other thing I wasn't too fond of was the black pillow - underexposed in post. The picture is not about that though, it's about her. From my perspective I don't really look at anything but her face - I am not drawn to anything else. When you say what is distracting is the "bottom of the mirror because it's black" you may need to callibrate your monitor - it's brown/red and noticeably (sp?) so.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2006
    I think 1ibandit is refering to the black pillow in the bottom right of the shot. The white shawl is too bright compared to the rest of the shot and draws your attention away from her face. The angle of the shawl also draws my attention from her face down to the bottom right of the shot where there is nothing of interest. I would like to see more light on her face also, I think if her face was brighter it would get more attention in the shot. Just my .02 though.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto