Options

Rock

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited August 2, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

This is a phone pic processed in Color Efex Pro 4 and Lightroom, I'm liking the Nik apps.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very intriguing and beautiful capture Cristobal! I am not sure about the extreme blue in hills.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Nice shot, buddy. I'm following your experiences with the Nik apps......might be something I could benefit from . Take care.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks guys. Taz I darkened the mountains to reduce the blue hue.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2020

I am sure you have lot more other things to do Cristobal. However, I needed to give feedback after effort has been made. The darkening doesn't help it. Original seems better when compared.
    If you like it enough, maybe explore blue desat? Or localized desat? Also lightening it perhaps. Idea being whatever it takes for blue to not jump out so much and also feel tad out of place.
    Either-way, if mine, I would explore if information is available in the sky?
    Tad darker, pull back shadows and black some, lots more contrast, some dehaze, kick up whites some.........all of it can be done with one grad filter in LR.
    I think the sky has tons of drama that is worth extracting and that may also help distracting eye away from that blue.
    Cheers my friend!

• Options

Awesome feedback, Taz. Stay tuned.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2020

Removed

• Options
    edited August 4, 2020

Don't get mad at me Cristobal........just presenting one possibility.......will delete it as soon as you see it.
    Perhaps bit gloomy......but then again this is 2020.....Year of the Broken!
    ....and title would be YEAR OF THE BROKEN......because playing on gloominess some and the rock is broken and is is 2020!
    Cheers! ;)

• Options

Not mad at all! Thanks. I get your point, although I find the sky overdone. I will play with it more.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

It's an interesting shot and I agree with all that Taz has said. And with your observation that the sky is now overdone. I think most of the dark areas in the sky need to be lightened.

• Options

Thanks for the comments. I played with it some more and got here...

• Options

Cheers Cristobal! I removed it. On my screen it was not bad. Share your rework if you get to it! Cheers!