Options

How to use Map to find pictures taken near a location?

huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 3, 2020 in SmugMug Support

I see current map has limited selection, you can only pick galleries, pictures or recent/popular ones with no option to pick folders.
Is there any other way to find my pictures that are taken in certain location, that could be from 6 years ago, and spread across multiple folders and galleries?
If we can't use Map, is there a better way to search by location if the pictures weren't tagged with keywords, but has GPS data in EXIF.

My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr

Comments

• Options
    VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Hi Huseyin,

I'm very sorry but the "Search" will not look for GPS data in the EXIF data.
    Search will look for keywords, titles and captions you have added to your photos.

Please see this about how to add keywords, titles & captions to your photos on SmugMug... https://help.smugmug.com/add-photo-titles-captions-and-keywords-rydwelD14SM

If you need further assistance, please reach out to the SmugMug Heroes via email at Help@SmugMug.com. We are there 24/7 waiting for your emails and always happy to help!

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • Options
    huseyinhuseyin Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins

Thanks VivPix.
    Is it possible to use the map to show images only "viewing" area, instead of "current location"?

My smugmug still under construction & organization with 17,000 images and counting... meanwhile check my Flickr
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins

You may be able to do what you want with a smart gallery using "geography" as the criteria. It's one of those semi-abandoned features on smugmug, but I just tested it and it works in a limited way. You can choose a location, but the radius is set to 2754.9 feet and apparently can't be adjusted.

Dave