Options

Juvenile bald eagle

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

A few days ago, I shot a beautiful bald eagle (see the wildlife forum), I went back to the same site a few days later and found this juvenile. It had just caught a fish and immediately other birds flew in hoping for some scraps. Light was horrible, that's why I had to go high key on this one.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

This is really good. The high key works very well. I love the composition as is, but I'd also like to see it cropped up from the bottom just enough to hide the other birds. Either way, it's outstanding.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

I agree; this is good...

Nice grab Cristobal...

Rags
  • Options

Thanks for the comments and suggestion, I think the crop could work, although for me the birds are part of the story.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good one. I wish I could see a larger version.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great! Epic! If mine, about 2 inches from top is coming off. Cheers Cristobal!

• Options

@Cornflake said:
    Good one. I wish I could see a larger version.

Hi Don, Here you go, This is as big as I can post from my website.

@Stumblebum said:
    Great! Epic! If mine, about 2 inches from top is coming off. Cheers Cristobal!

Thanks Taz, I tried the crop you are thinking about before posting, but preferred to keep the entire tree. However, you might be right...

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet!
    If you want you can squeeze in edges a bit but the image is beautiful! The white bg is rocking the starkness of the branch, Eagle's royal position and pose and little birds like courtiers!
    Orig had way too much top.....
    Cheers Cristobal!

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cristobal, I like the last crop best. There's less empty space, for one thing.

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

I agree about the high key treatment--this is stunning. I definitely think the other birds are part of the story, scavengers waiting for a morsel. That last version is the best comp, IMO.

Well done Cristobal!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options

@redleash said:
    I agree about the high key treatment--this is stunning. I definitely think the other birds are part of the story, scavengers waiting for a morsel. That last version is the best comp, IMO.

Well done Cristobal!

Thanks Lauren!

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Really like the high key...striking treatment and excellent choice to overcome a difficult background. Every artist's mind's eye see differently, like your take on this subject.

I would agree, in most cases, less is more. For me I would crop from the sides and create a vertical presentation more than a square/horizontal one. But we all see differently

Well done!