Options

Stairs and Steeples

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Spent some free time working on this theme and came away with these.

All were taken within the past two years, just now having time to work on them.

Stay safe...keep well everyone!!

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Brilliant set Gato!
    However, there are some easy things to fix:

1. and 3. have verticals that are not straight almost falling to either sides.
    2. is sweet as it is has this wonderful light and comp. It might be personal thing, but I prefer b&w. Here it has some weird tint.
    3. Last one is nice too but top of that tower is chopped off. Complete one might be much better and more finished story.

Still enjoyed it much! Cheers!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I agree with Taz about #1 and #3.....and I would add #4 as well. With #2 I find an awful lot of things fighting for my attention. Shooting in those kind of environments is double tough. Thanks for these.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nice grab on 4.... Chop notwithstanding...

Rags
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I like the processing of #1 and #2, for some reason I find the processing of #3 somewhat dull. I agree with the straightening of these shots. From my experience it can sometimes be difficult to get it right, you fix a vertical and another goes the wrong way. LR Guided Transformation can be helpful.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Brilliant set Gato!
    However, there are some easy things to fix:

1. and 3. have verticals that are not straight almost falling to either sides.
    2. is sweet as it is has this wonderful light and comp. It might be personal thing, but I prefer b&w. Here it has some weird tint.
    3. Last one is nice too but top of that tower is chopped off. Complete one might be much better and more finished story.

Still enjoyed it much! Cheers!

Taz...

Many thanks for your comments.

I will fix #1 and #3... For future work.. I'll remember to use my hot-shoe level, should help immensely.

I looked at #2, agree, some sort of tint. I went back and cleared all setting and brought the original back into PS. I have attached the updated image. Hope this one is better.

Alas, #4...operator error. Accidentally clipped off the upper-most tip of the steeple in the original photo. Agree 100%... would have made a better image had I not snipped off the top. Learning to check ALL sides and margins before clicking shutter release! Lessons learned.

Thanks again Taz!!

• Options

Tom, Rags, Cristóbal...

Thanks for your input and comments. Always helpful and appreciated.

Will require more work on verticals and assuring that camera on the tripod is level, regardless of what the scene may look like to the eye.

Thanks again everyone!

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

LOVE the rework Gato! Bravo!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    LOVE the rework Gato! Bravo!

Thanks Taz!!!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2020

Excellent rework. Go with the leveling device. Considering the old barns I chase, where nothing is level or square, I started religiously using the device in my tripod ball head years ago.....let the chips fall where they may. That said, of course there are times when architectural work benefits from a little computer help to present a more realistic image. Take care, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Copy that Tom!

Leveling device is now packed as a permanent part of my kit.