How to eliminate share icon next to slide show button?

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
edited August 28, 2020 in SmugMug Support

I just noticed that all of my galleries have a share icon next to the slide show button. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see an option to control its visibility. I have the social sharing links option off in the account settings.
Thx.

Comments

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

@Richard you are logged in :)
    Share-, Download, Edit and Buy buttons (and maybe another few that are not on my radar right now) will be visible for you while being logged in. But they will not be visible if you log out or a "normal" website visitor without login comes along.

Regards

Wiebke/Lille Ulven

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Nope...I checked that. Here's a non-logged in screen grab. It's present in all of my galleries.

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins

That indeed is weird.
    The only place where you can activate / deactivate sharing is in the gallery settings - Social - Show sharing options.
    But if I remember correctly then there was a glitch a few weeks ago, where sharing suddenly was enabled even though it should not have been.
    I would try to enable it for one gallery, save and then disable it again and save. Then have a look, if it then works, it is probably that glitch.
    But in either way: send a mail to the support team as they might be able to fix it for good for all your galleries in one go / figure out if it happens for more people.

Good luck

Wiebke / Lille Ulven

https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels

Cheers, Lille. It looks like I can get rid of the icon on a gallery specific basis only. I took your advice and sent the heroes a note. Hopefully, they can tell me how to avoid resetting the galleries one by one.

In case someone else encounters this problem, Hero Josh sent these instructions, which worked:

1) Click the Organize link in your header.
    2) Make sure Photo Site Homepage is highlighted in the left sidebar in the Organizer.
    3) Click the Settings button. Any changes you make here will apply to all galleries on your site.
    4) On the Social tab, place a check in the box next to Show Sharing Options. Set this to OFF and save.