Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Very nice selection of images!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Nice shots, Rags. That first one is very familiar--Plaza Conde de Barajas in Madrid? I'm almost sure I've been there but I don't remember flowers. Dunno. The last one is the San Mateo Bridge, right?

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice group of shots. Was the pronounced out-of-focus first shot planned that way? Somehow, it seems appropriate to the scene.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks all...

Richard it could be that Plaza... I can't recall - it was on my pre sunrise walk around...

... and yes the last one is the San Mateo bridge... (good eye Richard)...

Tom it appears my focus point was on the pole (it's in focus), I generally use single point focus...

the balance might be bokeh blur (maybe?)... I use a 24-70 - 2.8 lens and subject separation is pretty definitive...

The second shot is the Canal Midi in southern France...

Those Poplars were planted almost 400 years ago to hold the bank of this agricultural canal... a great example of passive engineering...

Rags
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful set of images Rags!

Great use of leading lines in image #2. I love the way the curving bank and trees lead your eye down the canal and right around the corner. Well shot!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2020

I really like the focus in no 1, Rags....caught my attention

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks for the comments Trekker & Jefe; much appreciated...

Rags