TUG W.O. DECKER

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

A wood hulled tug from South Street Seaport Museum, NYC.

In boatyard for some TLC

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice shots, I like the paint job!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Gracias all.

I was back at the port this am and the Coast Guard was going over the Decker with a fine-toothed comb......good idea.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Nice work, Willard.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Willard...

Very nice images of a classic.

My Dad was a tug buff and growing up in NYC he had taken a few pictures if this workhorse. I remember seeing them when I was a kid. This tug was built in 1930. Amazing still going after all these years! Built 'em to last back then.

Thanks for the memories and excellent images.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2020

I first ran into the WO Decker at the Tug Roundup held on the Erie Canal at Waterford, NY. The Roundup includes tugs that work the Hudson River and the Erie Canal and is a foto op of the first order. There was no roundup this year due to the pandemic, but it has many devoted fans among whom I number.
    My grandsons go with me frequently and enjoy all the stuff that goes on ashore.

I have many fotos of the Decker at the Roundup.