Moab

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Great work, Cristóbal. While I wouldn't care to live in territory like that, I do find certain elements fascinating. You've done really well in showcasing the features that appeal to me the most. Excellent photography, my friend.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

One of my favorite places. I hope I get to go back in some day! #5 is my favorite!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

It is a magical place. What a triangle #5 is!

I'm curious about something. Are there any forum members, who get in to areas like depicted in this post, that have witnessed any of these massive stone monoliths as they calve away any of their mass....ala the calving of ice glaciers?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Beautiful shots, Cristobal. Something about the lighting in number 3 keeps drawing me back. Number 5 has an excellent point of view. I'd consider brightening the shadows in the lower right on number 5 a hair but it's not a big point.

Tom, I've never seen that.

edited November 3, 2020

Thanks Don, it was a full moon and the light was incredibly bright. You are right about the shadows on the right corner of 5.

Tom, I have never seen that, but arches do collapse from time to time.

I've been going to Utah since 2005, mostly to mountain bike in the Moab area. Over these years I created a gallery on my site, here is the link if you are interested https://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Nature/Utah/

I checked out your gallery....you have some real good stuff. I give the edge to page two, which also includes the images in this post.

@black mamba said:
    I checked out your gallery....you have some real good stuff. I give the edge to page two, which also includes the images in this post.

Thanks for visiting Tom.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Beautiful shots. Nice to see what was hidden and obscured by clouds and smoke, when I was there in Sept.

Glad to see that the smoke and the air-borne debris from the CA/WA fires has blown out.

Looks as if you had a wonderful trip and great viewing.

I have to go back. Next time under much better conditions.

Thanks for sharing these!

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal...

Beautiful shots. Nice to see what was hidden and obscured by clouds and smoke, when I was there in Sept.

Glad to see that the smoke and the air-borne debris from the CA/WA fires has blown out.

Looks as if you had a wonderful trip and great viewing.

I have to go back. Next time under much better conditions.

Thanks for sharing these!

I actually was thinking of you during my trip. I am really sorry that you couldn't enjoy the magnificence of the area. Next time..., it's worth it.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set Cristóbal; like no 5 best

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks Will.