Options

Then.....and now.

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

This first image ranks in my personal top ten of barn shots. I posted it several years ago.

A couple of weeks ago, I paid it another visit to see how it's doing. It has faired pretty well. Some trees going along side and behind of it will someday spell its demise if they're not cut down.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Great barn shots. I can see why it is a favorite. We have so many places like that here in Georgia, almost too many to shoot.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Wow, that first shot is gorgeous!

• Options

@OrvSal said:
    Great barn shots. I can see why it is a favorite. We have so many places like that here in Georgia, almost too many to shoot.

It's great to hear from you, Orv. I know you are right. We could shoot till the cows come home and never run out of subjects.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@Juano said:
    Wow, that first shot is gorgeous!

Many thanks, Cristóbal.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Love them both! Then definitely more joyous than now.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Love them both! Then definitely more joyous than now.

Yeah. I was hoping to catch the current scene with similar Fall colors. As you can see, though, the immediate area had an early change. Both color and leaves are on their way out. Honestly, One of my favorite times to be up there is when the leaves are all gone. You can see so much more of the features of the mountains themselves. Additionally, how people live amongst and relate to the mountains is a lot more visible.

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

They're both beautiful shots. Being in the right place at exactly the right time can be a challenge. The newer one has its own charm, though.

• Options

@Cornflake said:
    They're both beautiful shots. Being in the right place at exactly the right time can be a challenge. The newer one has its own charm, though.

Thanks, Don. Yeah, the newer shot also has a lot of appeal to me.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Both lovely shots.

I like the cooler (temperature) of the second shot as it conveys (to me) more of the real texture of the wood, if I were to touch it and the "rustiness" of the rust on the roof.

Ode to a quieter more peaceful time.

• Options

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

Both lovely shots.

I like the cooler (temperature) of the second shot as it conveys (to me) more of the real texture of the wood, if I were to touch it and the "rustiness" of the rust on the roof.

Ode to a quieter more peaceful time.

I'm glad you like them, buddy. Temps up in the southern Appalachians were surprisingly warmer than I am used to. I made a south to north run through the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia ....same story.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice fotos, Tom, like them both.

What always surprises me is how long a barn can last with no upkeep.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

Thanks, Willard. Many of those old barns do seem to have a strong will to survive.