Options

A dying barn

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited November 8, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

This old barn has commenced its death throes. The inside is collapsing. I know the poor thing must be dreading the time when it will have to join those up on the hill above it.

This is for all of you B&W buffs.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Powerful and stunning composition. Sombre and spiritual.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020

@Stumblebum said:

Thanks, Taz. I had approached this scene from the right, via a really narrow country road. In order to get safely off the road, I had to park about 150 yards away. All my first shots were exclusive to the barn and shot from a perspective a good bit to the right of this one. The cemetery was not in the picture. I was turning to leave when the presence of the cemetery really hit me. I walked a good bit to my left to get to the perspective here. Man, what a transformation !!!! It went from a good barn shot to something speaking to a range of different emotions. You know, Taz, there was something spiritual about it. I've reflected on that whole experience more than once.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@Stumblebum said:

Thanks, Taz. I had approached this scene from the right, via a really narrow country road. In order to get safely of the road, I had to park about 150 yards away. All my first shots were exclusive to the barn and shot from a perspective a good bit to the right of this one. The cemetery was not in the picture. I was turning to leave when the presence of the cemetery really hit me. I walked a good bit to my left to get to the perspective here. Man, what a transformation !!!! It went from a good barn shot to something speaking to a range of different emotions. You know, Taz, there was something spiritual about it. I've reflected on that whole experience more than once.

Wonderful story Tom! I can feel it and visualize it as it happened! Yeah, the barn like a reception office for your final destination? Kind of!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:

@black mamba said:

@Stumblebum said:

Thanks, Taz. I had approached this scene from the right, via a really narrow country road. In order to get safely of the road, I had to park about 150 yards away. All my first shots were exclusive to the barn and shot from a perspective a good bit to the right of this one. The cemetery was not in the picture. I was turning to leave when the presence of the cemetery really hit me. I walked a good bit to my left to get to the perspective here. Man, what a transformation !!!! It went from a good barn shot to something speaking to a range of different emotions. You know, Taz, there was something spiritual about it. I've reflected on that whole experience more than once.

Wonderful story Tom! I can feel it and visualize it as it happened! Yeah, the barn like a reception office for your final destination? Kind of!

Dang, brother, your imagination and my imagination must be related.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Wonderful shot.

I instantly thought "Register here!" as the barn was the initial, intake stop prior to "going to the hill."

Thanks for sharing this shot and the backstory.

• Options

Well, welcome to our small group, Gato. You make 3 out of 3 that had a very similar perception .....makes me feel better. I'm just glad I stumbled upon that scene.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

First ya farm, then ya die.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

@willard3 said:
    First ya farm, then ya die.

There's a lot of truth to that.