Great Horned Owls

SJOttoRodgersSJOttoRodgers MooresvilleRegistered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

I had the utmost pleasure of "hosting" Great Horned Owl's nesting and raising their 2 brood in 2020! I hear them now as last fall in the evenings talking to each other so am hopeful they will choose a nest close to me again for their 2021 brood. Here's a couple of pictures... I hope you like them.!

"Mother on the Nest"

"Two Babies Emerge"

"It's getting crowded"

"Fun time down at the pond"

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,676 moderator

Like all of these with the third shot the winner of the bunch. Sure hope they'll be near you this next year. I hear one or more of them very early every morning. Been 10 years on. Their lifespans are very long.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • SJOttoRodgersSJOttoRodgers MooresvilleRegistered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

@David_S85 said:
    Like all of these with the third shot the winner of the bunch. Sure hope they'll be near you this next year. I hear one or more of them very early every morning. Been 10 years on. Their lifespans are very long.

Thank you David. They kept me entertained for months

• shawncshawnc shawnc Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins

What an awesome experience. I hope they come back next season too.
    I think I would have burned up several memory cards with images of these little fluff balls and Talons.

• SJOttoRodgersSJOttoRodgers MooresvilleRegistered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

@shawnc said:
    What an awesome experience. I hope they come back next season too.
    I think I would have burned up several memory cards with images of these little fluff balls and Talons.

Thanks Shawn... I took tons of photos and only showed a few here. Kept me totally entertained during early days of COVID

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,106 Major grins

Nice captures!