Options

You want it.....we have it

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited December 27, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

1)

2)

3)

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Oh brother, what a place! It would be fun to dig around at that place.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options

@OrvSal said:
    Oh brother, what a place! It would be fun to dig around at that place.

Hey, Orv. I've raided that place on several occasions.....stocking up on getting stuff for the man cave I plan for the new mountain house. That red pump you see to the right of the ladder up front is one of the things that I swooped up.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Ah...what's the saying, one person's junk is another's treasure!

I like the temporal contrast...the buggy wagon and the bucket seat riding mower.

I agree with Orv, spending some time digging around this place could be very interesting.

I have seen some really neat and interesting "cabin" furniture pieces made from old skis.

Nice imagery Tom.

• Options

Thanks, Gato. One of the things I inquired about buying was that buggy. I had visions of incorporating it into a really neat mailbox feature. Sadly, they weren't willing to part with it for a reasonable sum.

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

I too like the red pump. I had a newer one that I converted into a sort of fountain. Now we are always looking for stuff that would go with our 1920's cottage.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I wonder about the skis, Tom.
    Where were these taken?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2021

Hey, guy. The skis were on the same property as the " Trading Post ". That place is between Boone, N.C. and Mountain City, TN.....two towns about 40 miles apart. That area also is the site of two major ski operations....Sugar Mountain and Beach Mountain, both located in Banner Elk, N.C. There's even a third ski operation over near Blowing Rock, N.C. It's pretty much a real beginners place. I figure the skis I shot are residue from those operations. Not sure, though.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

What a find! Bravo! I would like to spend time there!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    What a find! Bravo! I would like to spend time there!

I tell you, Taz, if someone can't find something at that place that lights their fire, then something is wrong with them. :)