Options

Is there a way to disable landscape mode on the mobile site?

tomlewisphotogprahytomlewisphotogprahy Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited January 5, 2021 in SmugMug Customization

The mobile site has been a great source of frustration for me, mostly because I can't yet code in html/CSS!

Is there a way to disable landscape mode on the mobile devices until I can fix the many problems with it myself?

Many changes I make on the desktop site look ok in portrait mode on the mobile, and let's be fair; photography should really be viewed on a desktop, but just because that's the way I think it should be, doesn't mean thats how it is!

I know how important the mobile site is; probably more important than the desktop site given the times we live in.

I'm aware learning all this could take years but i'm up for the challenge, as the only alternative is coming here every 5 mins expecting people to change it for me, which i'm not comfortable with, or employing someone to do it which I can't afford.

Hence my asking about disabling landscape mode for the time being. It's quite ironic I want this now, because it's one of the great features that made me choose SmugMug in the first place!

I look forward to changing this stuff myself as it will be a great way to learn CSS.

P.S. that's assuming I can actually target just the landscape mode with code to fix all the problems?

Thanks,
Tom Lewis

Comments