Colorado Blue Bird

shawncshawnc shawncRegistered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Found this beauty while hiking in Pinetop,Lakeside, AZ.USA.
Perched above several harvested Pine Trees.
The reflection of these dead trees produced a wonderful Golden / Orange glow all around the area.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,678 moderator

Great catch and pic. I've been to Colorado many times but have never seen this bird there. Beautiful species. The negative bokeh-ed background adds to the overall comp and appeal, but maybe there's too much of it? Possibly a somewhat tighter crop might add to the subject, IMO.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • shawncshawnc shawnc Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Great catch and pic. I've been to Colorado many times but have never seen this bird there. Beautiful species. The negative bokeh-ed background adds to the overall comp and appeal, but maybe there's too much of it? Possibly a somewhat tighter crop might add to the subject, IMO.

Thanks for your comments David. We were hiking along the Colorado Plateau Rim area when we spotted this fellow. I do have a tighter crop, different head position. I did not want to over crop the image.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,678 moderator

^ Much better crop.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited January 13, 2021

@David_S85 said:
    ^ Much better crop.

@David_S85 said:
    Great catch and pic. I've been to Colorado many times but have never seen this bird there. Beautiful species.

The bird above was surrounded by thousands of dead/brown pine trees. It produced quite a glow/reflection...
    I took this one a few weeks back in Durango Colorado during a small snow storm.

• SJOttoRodgersSJOttoRodgers MooresvilleRegistered Users Posts: 41 Big grins

Beautiful series of a beautiful bird. I'm on east coast so ours are Eastern Bluebirds and are a favorite.

They are fast critters. thanx SJ