Options

Warning!!! Extreme color.

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Every year, a neat little shop in Blowing Rock, N.C. puts out on the sidewalk a display of colorful flags. This is the offering for this year.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

festive and lovely

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2021

Good colors, Tom.
    From another color freak

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

The colors remind me of the Mexican shops in San Diego! Blowing Rock is a quaint mountain town.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options

@Stumblebum said:
    festive and lovely

Festive is a good word here, Taz. Stay safe, brother.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@willard3 said:
    Good colors, Tom.
    From another color freak

Thanks, Willard. I know this kind of stuff lights your fire as well as mine.

• Options

@OrvSal said:
    The colors remind me of the Mexican shops in San Diego! Blowing Rock is a quaint mountain town.

Yea, Orv, you see very bright colors from the Mexican stuff. In my experience, that penchant for color extends throughout South American cultures. Blowing Rock is quaint for sure. However, I'm about to start avoiding the place during prime leaf-looking time....consider that as being virtually all of October. The crowds , getting parking, getting in places to eat, etc., are getting unbearable. Those are the times my wife and I head for the really deep Appalachians and its hollows.

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@OrvSal said:

Yea, Orv, you see very bright colors from the Mexican stuff. In my experience, that penchant for color extends throughout South American cultures. Blowing Rock is quaint for sure. However, I'm about to start avoiding the place during prime leaf-looking time....consider that as being virtually all of October. The crowds , getting parking, getting in places to eat, etc., are getting unbearable. Those are the times my wife and I head for the really deep Appalachians and its hollows.

Agreed, and I will not go there in the winter. Last time we were there we froze.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Bright, festive, yes, said already....but wow, truly an eye opener.

Just makes one feel like jumping in and becoming immersed the colors. I like it!

Thanks for sharing this one Tom.

• Options

@El Gato said:
    Bright, festive, yes, said already....but wow, truly an eye opener.

Just makes one feel like jumping in and becoming immersed the colors. I like it!

Thanks for sharing this one Tom.

Gee, Gato, it's funny that I had similar feelings.....just wanted to dive in and flop around in that sea of color. You don't suppose that there's something wrong with us, do you?