Options

Setup for Family Use

mgsylvestremgsylvestre Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Me and my wife are new to Smugmug.

We wish to use the service for family photos (at least for now). We travel a lot (well not right now obviously), we take a lot of pictures, and we want to be able to share the same photos.

Do we simply use the same account? Is it better for my spouse (or me) to access through a guest account?

We both also take a lot of pictures with our phones and we will definitely want to upload those with the iOS app.

We have tens and tens of thousands of pictures and video to upload, and we would rather not make any mistakes which would be time consuming to correct!

We tried to find an answer to this, but nothing clear came up.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

If you are both traveling together and uploading and organizing images from your trips having one account is fine, no need for a guest account. You will both just need to have the log in information to the account so that you can log in and upload images and organize them. You would both just use the app and have the log in information so that you may each upload to the same account from your devices. You may want to coordinate the creation of galleries to upload to if you both have images from the same travel so as to not have duplicate galleries. If you have further concern, reach out to the Support Heroes, help@smugmug.com. They are there pretty much 24/7 and would love to assist you.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero