SOLD: Canon Lenses

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Flea Market
53869177-L.jpg

17-40L lens, one of my two favorite lenses. I am only selling it to get the 16-35L lens, very similar IMO, but it is an f 2.8, and I will gain those stops for indoor church photography.

I have the box for this lens and the back cap. I no longer have the pamphlet, the lens cap, or the hood.

I have used this lens a lot, many of my photos taken with it are scattered all over dgrin. It is NOT pristine, it is "well loved", smile. However the lens itself, the front, it is pristine. I have had a UV filter on it since the beginning. Never take it off. (Except for this photo my husband took, I took a different photo the other day while shooting and the UV filter is on that.)

It sells for 670.00 at B&H. I will take 500.00, and you will be getting an excellent lens. I will not take paypal unless you pay the 3%, I have been there, done that, and I just can't afford to take a bigger hit on this lens. Also, if we could split the shipping, that would help. It is really a great lens.

It is in the shape as shown. We all know that I have PS, I could clone away all imperfects, scratches, marks. I have not touched this photo in that way at all.

Also, I have 70-200 f4 L that I will sell for 425.00. Same deal, no pay pal, or you pay the 3%. This is a photo of that lens. I like this photo because I took it on location, with the wide angle lens for sale above. The 70-200 is in my Crumpler backpack as I use it, kind of. I was trading lenses and thought to take a photo. I use these lenses, they are GOOD lenses. Along with my 400mm birding lens, they are my only lenses.

I am selling the 70-200 f4 to buy the 70-200 f2.8. I am going to buy myself some light there, but I am not sure I need it. I have gotten along great without the extra stops. I just have a feeling I should do this.

This lens was also well loved. It comes with all the same things the wide angle comes with, except that I don't have the box for it. Smile.

If you want to buy both lenses, I will pay all the shipping in the USA.

Any questions, PM me, please. My smugmug address is

www.gingerSnap.smugmug.com There will be many photos taken by both of these lenses, and the 400. The 400 is NOT for sale, but I use it often.

54060974-L.jpg

above the 70-200L f4 as taken by the 17-40L

Below: the 17-40L as taken by the 70-200L f4 (My pouch for CF cards is next to it and is not for sale, but I thought it might help with scale, or something.)

54060971-L.jpg

Ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    WOW! 2 L lenses for under a 1000 bucks.
    Buy with confidence from Ginger.
    I did a trade with Ginger and it went extremely wellthumb.gif
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    PM sent on 70-200mwink.gif

do you have the hood for it?
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Update:
    For both lenses bought together, I will take 900.00 plus pay all shipping in USA or the equiv amt outside USA.

Photos of 70-200L (Taken by Bill with his lens, his camera, not mine)

53869180-L.jpg

This one below was dark, so I lightened it so you could see some detail, but the contrast is not high, not my fault, smile.

54159864-L.jpg

Below is the 17-40L (any light looking parts on the lens are light. There is nothing wrong with the lenses. They, both front and back have stayed covered at all times, except the back when it was being attached to the camera. They are fine)

54159860-L.jpg

I don't know the ethics on this.

I do have three people interested in the 70-200L and one of those is interested in both.

I know the order in which these people contacted me..................and I guess I take it that way, or the first one to decide. I don't know how that should be done. If someone lets me know, I will do it the "right" way.

ginger

Or maybe none of those people will decide in favor.............I have sold a couple of lenses before, and bought some, but I have not run into this situation.
    edited January 28, 2006
    Sale Pending....................

will write Sold as soon as money "changes hands", but right now it looks good for "Sold".

ginger
  • Paul IIPaul II Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2006
    hello
    Hello all,

Well, I thought it might be an appropriate time to de-lurk as I've read lots on the forums here but had yet to post. As a new (April 2005) owner of a 20D its taken this long to start to get comfortable with the camera and much of that credit should go to the forums (and the relaxed atmosphere) here at Dgrin. Well, 'cept for the Nikon vs. Canon debacle. :):

I have committed to purchasing Gingers 17-40 and 70-200 lenses. A big purchase for me but exactly the two lenses I'd wanted to adopt since getting the 20D. I'm looking tremendously forward to trying out these guys.

On a second note this forum has led me to AdvRider.com courtesy of "Dr. It" (Erik). A fabulous photo forum for motorcyclists. I've never had a licence but have spent lots of time flying, riding snowmobiles, quadrunners etc. Well, that forum has made me sign up for a spring bike course and I have my eyes firmly on a F650GS.

thanx for the read.

Paul

Ontario, Canada

ginger_55 wrote:
    Sale Pending....................

will write Sold as soon as money "changes hands", but right now it looks good for "Sold".

ginger
    edited January 29, 2006
    sold!

sorry, Paul,

glad you found Adrider and all, though. I know someone in that, sounds like a cool bunch!!!

ginger ( just got home!)
    edited January 29, 2006
    Sold
    Yes, sorry all, I did sell these lenses to Paul! Am mailing them out tomorrow. Took last photos today!

will PM erik now! Nevermind, the thread is marked rightfully, SOLD, as they are both sold to Paul. I know he will enjoy them! Now I have to get busy getting me some more lenses to replace those. Or whatever..........I have been busy, have baptism photos to upload, am not sure my mind is totally together right now.

thanks for all the interest and to John for saying nice things about my business dealings.

I will say that Paul is great to deal with, too.

ginger
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 29, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

will PM erik now!
    I'm so way ahead of you. naughty.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]