Ominous shot

JuanoJuano Major grinsLima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

Comments

  • black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,500 Major grins

    I like geometric forms and arrangements, but my mind leans toward more balanced structures. It may be my monitor, but it looks as if something was going on in the lower right corner.....may be caused by a processing procedure, maybe not.. It's fairly noticeable on my screen. Keep safe, my friend.

    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

    Thanks for the comment Tom. The original version of this (and my intent when I shot it) was much different, but somehow I ended up with this. I wanted to convey a sense of oppression, lack of hope, that's why I chose to place the opening high up -inaccessible- and decided to make the shadows more dramatic. This picture disturbs me and needed to get it out of my system.

    I smoothed out some of the processing artifacts in the version on my site which will eventually be updated here.

  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,182 Major grins

    Indeed. With brain dead potato in WH this is what I feel we are looking at.

  • black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,500 Major grins

    @Juano said:
    Thanks for the comment Tom. The original version of this (and my intent when I shot it) was much different, but somehow I ended up with this. I wanted to convey a sense of oppression, lack of hope, that's why I chose to place the opening high up -inaccessible- and decided to make the shadows more dramatic. This picture disturbs me and needed to get it out of my system.

    I smoothed out some of the processing artifacts in the version on my site which will eventually be updated here.

    Cristóbal, considering what your goals were in working with this image, I would say you were super successful. It probably was the sense of oppression and lack of hope I felt that sent me packing. I applaud your creativity in stepping out and working with the oblique sometimes.

    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

    @Stumblebum said:
    Indeed. With brain dead potato in WH this is what I feel we are looking at

    Taz,

    I always appreciate your comments on photography, you have a sharp eye and find details that I hadn’t seen in my own work. I also think your landscape photography is out of this world. Dgrin is a very special place for all of us, a space to share work, constructive criticism and find people sharing similar interests. One of the main reasons it is so pleasant is that it is apolitical. Let’s keep it that way.

  • StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,182 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2021

    @Juano said:

    @Stumblebum said:
    Indeed. With brain dead potato in WH this is what I feel we are looking at

    Taz,

    I always appreciate your comments on photography, you have a sharp eye and find details that I hadn’t seen in my own work. I also think your landscape photography is out of this world. Dgrin is a very special place for all of us, a space to share work, constructive criticism and find people sharing similar interests. One of the main reasons it is so pleasant is that it is apolitical. Let’s keep it that way.

    its real. I saw the word ominous, I saw the image, and I thought, God have mercy on us. We are in deep doodoo.

  • willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Registered Users Posts: 2,323 Major grins

    Looks like an HVAC vent, Cristóbal.

    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

    @black mamba said:

    @Juano said:
    Thanks for the comment Tom. The original version of this (and my intent when I shot it) was much different, but somehow I ended up with this. I wanted to convey a sense of oppression, lack of hope, that's why I chose to place the opening high up -inaccessible- and decided to make the shadows more dramatic. This picture disturbs me and needed to get it out of my system.

    I smoothed out some of the processing artifacts in the version on my site which will eventually be updated here.

    Cristóbal, considering what your goals were in working with this image, I would say you were super successful. It probably was the sense of oppression and lack of hope I felt that sent me packing. I applaud your creativity in stepping out and working with the oblique sometimes.

    Thanks Tom.

  • El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 809 Major grins

    Creative and it works!

    Wonder if a different, more ominous or emotive image would evolve, be if instead of sepia or sepia-like the image was a B+W rendering.

    I do like the elevated angle perspective...gives a sense of "out-of-reach" hope or possibilities.

    Well done Cristóbal.

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

    I have both versions, you might be right...

  • El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 809 Major grins

    Barvo, Cristóbal.

    I like this rendering too...but, then again I am a big B+W fan.

    Thanks for sharing this version!

  • JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

    Point taken.

Sign In or Register to comment.