Cactus flowers

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,961 Major grins

They're just starting to bloom here.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MASuper Moderators Posts: 13,302 moderator

These are beautiful!
    I love the detail in the third image.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,225 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    These are beautiful!
    I love the detail in the third image.

I agree #3 is special. I find #2 to tight, it would benefit from a wider perspective. I like the composition and color saturation of #1

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,961 Major grins

Denise, Cristobal, thanks for the feedback. :)

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,182 Major grins

First one is best to me Don. Even though the the green cactus on left is distracting.
    The second used flash maybe? some blue sat got into the leaves and stuff.
    The last one has amazing sharpness in middle of flower but BG is too sharp. If it was softer or made softer in processing it will jump out more.
    Cheers Don.

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,961 Major grins

Thanks, Taz. No flash on the second; I must have screwed up somewhere. :)

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,500 Major grins

Nice, Don. # 1 for me.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 809 Major grins

Don...

Call me different but, I kind of like #2. Yes, it is tight and the diffused light (maybe unintentional) makes it work. The yellow and blue, if IMHO, were fully lighted, would detract (or maybe distract) from the final image. The shadows and light angle work too.

Overall a nice set!

Tom, Gato, thank you both.