Beautiful bank of ferns.....

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited April 7, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

......fighting for light deep in a Balsam tree forest atop Mt. Mitchell, N.C.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Tom! I would crop the bottom 1.5 inch. Lots of out of focus stuff and crop will actually improve frame in my view! Cheers!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Fantastic Tom! I would crop the bottom 1.5 inch. Lots of out of focus stuff and crop will actually improve frame in my view! Cheers!

I really appreciate your input, Taz. I'm a sharpness freak and I was never really satisfied with any of the shots in this sequence. Your suggestion was spot on and made for an improved presentation. It was a striking scene so, warts and all, I wanted to share it. Thanks again.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2021

Tom...

I enjoyed this one. Very calming and peaceful.

The lighting and shadows are spot on and "make" the image. Well taken.

From a previous source, on a separate project....

Green is often thought to represent tranquility, good luck, health, and jealousy. An individual with "green color personality strengths" tend to be perfectionistic, analytical, conceptual, cool, calm, inventive and logical.

Your image works well...one could easily sit and just stare and enjoy the tranquility. 🧘🏻‍♂️

edited April 6, 2021

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

I enjoyed this one. Very calming and peaceful.

The lighting and shadows are spot on and "make" the image. Well taken.

From a previous source, on a separate project....

Green is often thought to represent tranquility, good luck, health, and jealousy. An individual with "green color personality strengths" tend to be perfectionistic, analytical, conceptual, cool, calm, inventive and logical.

Your image works well...one could easily sit and just stare and enjoy the tranquility. 🧘🏻‍♂️

Many thanks, Al. I very much value your opinion.

I've been big on green all my life....with one major exclusion.....I would never buy a green car. My oldest brother once had a green 1952 MG TD. Before I accepted it as a nice hand-me-down, it mysteriously became a red car.

I've mentally recorded your comments regarding " green color personality strengths ". They will be included into my armamentarium for defense should any need arise. B)

BTW....the image on this post is not the same one that Taz first saw. It is close to it but not identical. I did incorporate his excellent suggestion regarding cropping.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice, peaceful shot.

@Juano said:
    Nice, peaceful shot.

Thanks, Cristóbal. I have to admit, when I took this shot my butt was really dragging. This scene is nearing the end of a long, looping hike that goes down and then back up this mountain side.