Spring creek

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,997 Major grins

Now that I'm fully vaccinated I'm wandering a little farther afield. It's a welcome change.

Comments

• shawncshawnc shawnc Registered Users Posts: 657 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2021

"I'm wandering a little farther afield..."

You sure found a nice peaceful place to wander.
    Nice light on the Heron

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,997 Major grins

Thanks, Shawn. I photographed that heron for 25 minutes. Fortunately he walked into the sunlight for a while.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,259 Major grins

That first shot is gorgeous!

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 2,997 Major grins

Thanks, Cristobal. It was beautiful to see.

• El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins

Perfect patience on both shots Don.

Lighting, color and composition...all great.

I have to get out more...just not wandering enough. Thanks for sharing these and for the inspiration!

Thanks, Gato.

"I have to get out more...just not wandering enough. " I had the same thought on this trip. Just getting out there is half the bottle and the more we do, the more keepers we'll get.

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,556 Major grins

Good work, Don. Here's another hooray for " wandering "..

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks, Tom.

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,215 Major grins

Blue tinge in first one is not working for me. I think it was taken in shadow as well as in overcast day. Can't help it but blue and cold green don't work.
    The light and framing is fantastic for the bird, but int he BG there is BIG V around him and its just drawing eye.
    I would work hard to clone out that V of branches.
    Cheers Don!

Thanks for the comments, Taz.

• willard3willard3 Jefe Máximo Registered Users Posts: 2,371 Major grins

I love the GBH.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks, Willard. I hadn't been planning to photograph birds but when you happen on one, it's hard to resist.