Results Mini Challenge #316 - Old Cars or Trucks - Restored or As New

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Thanks to everyone that entered the mini – each entry gave me more interesting photos and made my job even harder. In some cases I can't even say exactly why I liked the ones that I liked best.

Joyce – I liked the red woodie station wagon – it even had surf boards, but the bright YELLOW car just couldn't be ignored.

Jo all of yours were outstanding, but I had to pick Daisy

Pieter – again all excellent photos but the Jaguar was my pick

Barbara I vacillated between the Cord and the line-up of Model As

Dave – I have never seen an umbrella protecting a car engine before, and the close-up of the Chevrolet emblems was great. I loved your second photo but the background intruded a bit. .

David I am partial to Plymouths, so I was happy to see the photo of the taxi from Cuba, but I also kept going back to the Model A's and the Model T.

Sara I got a kick out of your brewer's car.

HM – Daisy,

and the Cuban taxi - the road behind the car almost looks like smoke

Third place – the Cord

Second place – the Jaguar

First place – Sara's 2CVs - they just look so happy

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@grandmaR Thanks so much for a fun mini and for the the nod to win - I honestly didn't expect it! Congrats to @pegelli and @bfluegie for 2nd and 3rd and to the HMs.

I'll try to have the next theme up by the end of the day.

• DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Thanks @grandmaR for a great min and for the comments and HM.i. Everyone's images were a real treat to look at. Congratulations to Sara, Pieter and Barbara for first, second and third

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thanks @grandmaR for a fun mini which attracted many good entries of nice subjects. Also congratulations to @sarasphotos for a well deserved win (I love these old 2CV's in the rural landscape), @bfluegie for 3rd place and the HMs. I'm very honoured to get 2nd place amongst so many nice photos.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Nicely done @grandmaR ! Congrats to winner and runner ups!

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Thanks for a great challenge @grandmaR. I really enjoyed all the photos of old cars. Congrats to @sarasphotos for the win. That picture made me smile. Congrats also to @pegelli for second place and to the HMs. And thanks for selecting my Cord photo for third place. I was surprised at that since there were so many excellent entries. Sorry to be late with my comment but I was out of town and didn't log in while I was gone.

~~Barbara
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Barbara I really liked the Cord as sculpture. I thought it could have a bit more oomph. And I also really liked the line-up of the Model As done in sepia which gave it an old-timey feel that was very clever.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”