Options

Error While Trying to 'Publish'

rjwilnerrjwilner Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins

Anyone know what might be causing the error in the attached screen cap?

I had used the Publishing tool several times today and it worked 'like butter' each time. That is, until I attempted to Publish just one more image to my site.

I've made no changes (at least knowingly) to the tool today. My troubleshooting attempts thus far...
- After this appeared the first time, I made a guess there was something wrong with the construction of the one image file I was attempting to Publish. So, I deleted and recreated it. Same result...same error appeared when attempting to Publish.
- So, I deleted it again, and instead, modified a previously published image to 'Mark to Republish', and ran the Publishing tool once again. And once again, same error.
- I then closed out of LR, relaunched it and attempted to Publish the previous 'MtR' image. Same error.
- Next step...I rebooted the pc and launched LR, and ran the Pub tool yet again. Same error.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins

This is a known issue that our engineers are currently looking in to as we speak. I apologize for the inconvenience!

We anticipate a fix shortly. :)

Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins

Update: the fix is now complete.

Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee

The fix is live. Even though you got an error, the file should have been uploaded successfully. To save getting duplicates if you could, open the edit dialog for the gallery and check Sync Photos then OK, this should associate the files already uploaded with the images in LR.

David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options

All appears well now. Thanks for getting it fixed so quickly!

• Options

@devbobo said:
    The fix is live. Even though you got an error, the file should have been uploaded successfully. To save getting duplicates if you could, open the edit dialog for the gallery and check Sync Photos then OK, this should associate the files already uploaded with the images in LR.

I think I accomplished what you suggest, but took a different approach to doing so. I went to my site and opened the gallery where the image (the first one that errored) should exist and discovered I had 3 versions of that image in the gallery. I then deleted all 3 of those versions, and deleted it from my 'Publish' folder in LR as well. Then re-added it to the Publish folder in LR...which made it an image to publish. Hit the Publish button and now it's on the site in the latest/greatest version.

Probably a bit more work than the approach you suggested, but seems to have done the job.

Thanks for the help!