LINKING TO A RESUME FOR DOWNLOADING...

richard_parisrichard_paris Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited May 15, 2021 in SmugMug Customization

NOTE: FIGURED IT OUT BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS POST.
Happy Saturday...
I need to direct people to a resume so they can download it.
Any suggestions on how to do this?
Thanks.
Richard

Comments

• flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins

Hey Richard,

I am glad you were able to figure out your issue back in May.
    However, there is nothing more frustrating in this world than to search the internet for an answer, only to see someone post "figured it out" and then never leave the answer.

https://xkcd.com/979/

So, if you can leave the answer here as to how you did it that would be an awesome gift to the world.

If however you still wish to delete your post you need to tag a moderator over here on this thread. https://dgrin.com/discussion/31900

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2021

@flyingwolf said:
    Hey Richard,

I am glad you were able to figure out your issue back in May.
    However, there is nothing more frustrating in this world than to search the internet for an answer, only to see someone post "figured it out" and then never leave the answer.

So, if you can leave the answer here as to how you did it that would be an awesome gift to the world.

You need a way to upload your file someplace online (SM doesn't allow PDF. Text Documents etc). You might try Dropbox. I don't know if you want a button, or plain text, but either way you just copy your uploaded file's URL to the link section and paste.

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2021

@flyingwolf said:

It's equally frustrating when somebody takes the time to answer a question and you never hear if it works or not.

• flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins

@Hikin' Mike said:
    It's equally frustrating when somebody takes the time to answer a question and you never hear if it works or not.

Oh man, that is so annoying. You take the time to research and bring forth a useful complete answer only to be ghosted and never know if it worked out for the person or not.
    I have started to just wish them luck and specifically ask that they follow up and let me know if it worked out.

I have found that by actually asking for a response I get a much higher percentage of replies and confirmations on whether things worked or not.