Great Sand Dunes National Park

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Waiting for the sun to set at Great Sand Dunes National Park.

A very windy day, which caused all sorts of challenges with both taking a shot as well as keeping the kit clean and grit-free.

The talc-like power that accumulated in pockets, hoods, hats, shoes, etc, was amazing. I was cleaning it out of everywhere (and places I thought it couldn't get into) for about 10 days after returning from the trip.

A beautiful National Park, glad I decided to stay for sunset.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nailed it! Bravo!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Really good, Al. Excellent control of the demanding and varied lighting. I'm not sure I'd be up to dealing with that dust stuff.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Nailed it! Bravo!

Thank you sir!! Challenging conditions made the result even sweeter.

@black mamba said:
    Really good, Al. Excellent control of the demanding and varied lighting. I'm not sure I'd be up to dealing with that dust stuff.

Thank you Tom....the sand and talc-like dust was with me for some time.

I was amazed where I found the "stuff" even a few months after my return. I actually covered my camera and lens with a tarp and took it off only when I was ready to fire the remote shutter release.

I did however return home with a pair nicely exfoliated legs...note to self, next time wear long pants!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Gorgeous, speechless. Beautiful shot, well done!

Cristóbal

Many thanks for your kind words...very much appreciated!