Options

Blue sunset

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I like the effect you have created. However, the scene seems lopsided to me. The major hunk of the bright sky is positioned well left of center. The land mass is weighted far to the left. You have to forgive me, buddy, that old tyranny of symmetry and balance just won't get off my back.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Hi Tom, thanks for the comment. I’m not sure what you mean, would you care to take it and show me?

• Options
    edited July 9, 2021

It's not something I could show you. It's just the way I perceive the image. Like I said, I do appreciate the effects of your efforts....visually, there's a good bit of mystery and intrigue, at least as I see it. Perhaps the effects are the primary subject? Otherwise, when I look for the primary subject and scan the image, all my attention is drug to the left, where the bulk of the image resides. In other words, as I see it, the image is out of balance. You know, in reflection, maybe it's a delayed reaction on my part perpetuated by that episode with the Mexican Indians.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Would this be better Tom?

• Options

This is certainly a highly subjective opinion, but I do prefer the cropped version. Losing that bit of dead space on the right made for, in my mind, more balance to the image. Thanks for indulging my idiosyncrasies, my friend.

• Options

Thanks Tom, I think I like it better too.