Deformed Forks [Result of another boring night at the Hospital]

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hello guys!

I've had yet another of thouse loooong 17,5 hour (evening/night) shift at work, still at Huddinge Hospital - and still very very slow going, boring and nothing meaninfull to do what so ever. So, I slunk into the bathroom again, but I had already played with the toothpaste so there was really not much to shoot in there. Then, by a coincident, I caught site of a fork and for some reason Uri Geller popped up my mind, you know, he who did all these silly tricks with cutlery and that's when it all started...
(All shot in the bathroom)

Regards / Matty

Canon 10D, Sigma 70-300 f4.0-f5.6 DG Macro, Remote Switch Canon RS-80N3, Tripod.

54096614-L.jpg

54096615-L.jpg

54096617-L.jpg

54096618-L.jpg

This is my version of the Loch Ness Monster! *Haha*

54096620-L.jpg

54096622-L.jpg

And just for fun, here is another weird "self-portrait" of me and my setup in the bathroom! *Haha*

54096612-L.jpg

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    very cool...#1 is my favoritethumb.gif maybe i should start setting up in the bathroom:flush

mwink.gif

lol3.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    Thanx! Yeah, why not! Usually it's rather brigth in there with high reflective white walls and interior. For the first shot, I used the toilet seat, it's just perfect and gives ya nice reflections. Give it a go! thumb.gif:D

DanielB wrote:
    very cool...#1 is my favoritethumb.gif maybe i should start setting up in the bathroom:flush

mwink.gif

lol3.gif
  • MotoKatMotoKat Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    clap.gif Pretty cool looking. Um, does your boss wonder why you spend so much time in his bathroom?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    WOW, Very cool shots! love the first one, and the monster of loch nessclap.gif
    edited January 27, 2006
    Thanx!
    Haha! He knows and he doesn't mind. Quite the other way around actually, he think it's fun and we oftenly hook up the cam with the TV and glance through the pictures.
    Now when he is hospitalized he is very tired and sleeps all the time. That's when I slink into the bathroom.

Matty
    MotoKat wrote:
    clap.gif Pretty cool looking. Um, does your boss wonder why you spend so much time in his bathroom?
    edited January 27, 2006
    Thank you, Ivar! :):

You know, I got this idea with the Loch Ness and I wanted it to look as if it was swimming. So I looked around and found a can of shaving foam. I went out to the ward kitchen an borrowed a white plate, mixed some foam and water to the right consistency and pored it on the plate. Then I just let Nessy go for a swim. thumb.gif

Matty

ivar wrote:
    WOW, Very cool shots! love the first one, and the monster of loch nessclap.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    clap.gif

Elving, you do good work. It's inspiring to see what you make out of very little. How long were your exposures?

And you need some sleep, mate, the bags under your eyes are as bad as mine. :uhoh
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 27, 2006
    Thanx Sid!

"Less is more", they say! :D

[1/5s-1/10s at f/5.6, ISO 100, Custom whitebalance, ambient light.]

Yes, you are so right, I really should sleep more, but then time isn't enough! But now it's time, it's 01:20 at night and I'm beginning to see double! haha!

Good Night!

Matty
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif

Elving, you do good work. It's inspiring to see what you make out of very little. How long were your exposures?

And you need some sleep, mate, the bags under your eyes are as bad as mine. :uhoh
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    try this in an US Hospital...set a time for 5 minutes and wait for security :P
    edited January 27, 2006
    It's the same in Sweden, but if the security guys come running to stop me from takin' pictures, I'd be concerned - then I would start suspecting hidden cameras ever over the place. :):

Oh, by the way... a few nights ago, I was out in a desolate corridor at the far end of the hopital to take some pictures. Suddenly a security guy showed up and asked if I had permission to photograph. Instead of argueing (I knew I wasn't allowed) I tried another tactic. I told him who I am, what I do at the hospital, told him that I was so bored after all these days/evings/nights at the hospital and that I was taking pictures just to kill some time. I told him what I was up to and he got really interested. So instead of asking me to pack up and leave, he helped me out with a few things, said "I'm not telling anyone, keep it up", and left. :D

(I was snappin' to do pictures like this)

Outside The Cloning Centre:

54108818-O.jpg

Matty
    Blurmore wrote:
    try this in an US Hospital...set a time for 5 minutes and wait for security :P
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    elfving73 wrote:
    Outside The Cloning Centre:

54108818-S.jpg

lol3.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of them. :D
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2006
    I love number 4. With the one prong touching down and the other ones looking like they are waiting to drop. Kind of like a set of fingers drumming away on the table.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    I think we should all lock ourselves in a bathroom or hospital for a while. It seems the extra "boring" time has really gotten your wheels turning and the creative juices flowing. I would never have thought of taking pictures like these in a hospital bathroom. I seems the more forum posts I read that the bathroom is actualy a favorite location for photographers. I guess it is usually the best lit room in the house and is generally white or light colored.

Keep em coming Matty.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Your Good ;)
    elfving73 wrote:
    Hello guys!

I've had yet another of thouse loooong 17,5 hour (evening/night) shift at work, still at Huddinge Hospital - and still very very slow going, boring and nothing meaninfull to do what so ever. So, I slunk into the bathroom again, but I had already played with the toothpaste so there was really not much to shoot in there. Then, by a coincident, I caught site of a fork and for some reason Uri Geller popped up my mind, you know, he who did all these silly tricks with cutlery and that's when it all started...
    (All shot in the bathroom)
    Regards / Matty
    Canon 10D, Sigma 70-300 f4.0-f5.6 DG Macro, Remote Switch Canon RS-80N3, Tripod.
    This is my version of the Loch Ness Monster! *Haha*
    And just for fun, here is another weird "self-portrait" of me and my setup in the bathroom! *Haha*

Ahhhhhhhh yes I like a man who is keen on personal hygiene rolleyes1.gif
    Your becoming quite an artist aren't you :D I keep wondering what your gonna come up with next :D your bent forks are great, I'm sure the kitchen staff just love it when they see you in the cafe eyeing off the cutlery rolleyes1.gif
    But I'm curious as to what your workmates think your doing in the bathroom all that time with your camera and flash :photo :lol4 Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Mattias these are so cool! Boredom is just a state the mind goes in to see what creativity may emerge I say...

They are all fantastic and the cloning centre still has me giggling....Nice work!clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 28, 2006
    I hope your boss gets well but I hope it takes a little while longer!

your boredom makes for very neat shots!

george
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    fantastic shots!!!!

love the loch ness fork rolleyes1.gifthumb
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thank you, Dana! :):
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of them. :D
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanx Eric!
    Wow, that's very creative viewing, man! :): I see it too! thumb.gif
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I love number 4. With the one prong touching down and the other ones looking like they are waiting to drop. Kind of like a set of fingers drumming away on the table.

Eric
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thank you, Nick!
    Haha! I think that atleast 50% of the pics I'm really happy with was "born out of boredom". :):

gluwater wrote:
    I think we should all lock ourselves in a bathroom or hospital for a while. It seems the extra "boring" time has really gotten your wheels turning and the creative juices flowing. I would never have thought of taking pictures like these in a hospital bathroom. I seems the more forum posts I read that the bathroom is actualy a favorite location for photographers. I guess it is usually the best lit room in the house and is generally white or light colored.

Keep em coming Matty.
    edited January 29, 2006
    Hahahaa! Imagine the faces of the other hospitalized people when they're about to digg in on their lunch.... and every fork is bent. Haha! Now, that could be great Candid Camera material! :D

Hihi! Well, he knows... I told him!

Matty
    Skippy wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhh yes I like a man who is keen on personal hygiene rolleyes1.gif
    Your becoming quite an artist aren't you :D I keep wondering what your gonna come up with next :D your bent forks are great, I'm sure the kitchen staff just love it when they see you in the cafe eyeing off the cutlery rolleyes1.gif
    But I'm curious as to what your workmates think your doing in the bathroom all that time with your camera and flash :photo :lol4 Skippy (Australia)
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thank you!
    Yes, I agree with you, I couldn't have said it better! thumb.gif

Matty
    rahmonster wrote:
    Mattias these are so cool! Boredom is just a state the mind goes in to see what creativity may emerge I say...

They are all fantastic and the cloning centre still has me giggling....Nice work!clap.gif
    edited January 29, 2006
    :): Hahaha! Thank you, George!
    gefillmore wrote:
    I hope your boss gets well but I hope it takes a little while longer!

your boredom makes for very neat shots!

george
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thank you, Dani!
    Haha! Perhaps I should have called it "The Fork Ness Monster"

Matty
    Dani wrote:
    fantastic shots!!!!

love the loch ness fork rolleyes1.gifthumb